I was sitting last night when I should have been sleeping thinking about all the things I have missed while my husband is deployed. Lack of sleep thanks to this nagging cough has allowed a lot of thinking time. So I compiled a list
1. I miss the random times he walks by and kisses my forehead while I clean or cook. At time just sitting and reading. It is the little moments
2. Help with the demands of our children. You know I am starving, I need help with this never ending math problem and the list with that goes on
3. Cooking. I have made 720 meal while he is gone. That is not including the snacks that they eat 2 to 3 times a day. I can promise you when he gets back and settled I will not step foot in that kitchen. I don’t want to see another pan, pot, or any cooking utensil for a long time. This deployment has sucked the joy of cooking right out of me
4. Bed time giggles. There are times where we are so exhausted that we are easily amused. The laughter just ensues.
5. Help getting the kids to their sports. It is impossible for me to be in 7 different spots at once.
6. Lunch Dates. He comes home for lunch.. I miss that. Just time to talk without the boys interrupting us.
7. A good nights sleep. Has not happened since he left.
8. Being woke with a cup of coffee all ready for me. Yes I am spoiled.
I am so glad that the deployment will ending in a few months. Wahoo!!!