We have been in Germany for one year today. Doesn’t seem possible. The boys were talking about us being here forever. Then Nate realized that ment not being home and closer to family. He changed his tune really quick. Don’t get me wrong we do enjoy our travels and what we have seen so far. The boys have been to Austria and all over Germany this past year. Next year we have plans to visit 6-8 other countries. Most long weekends. Italy will be our longest trip. We so can’t wait.
My sister asked what has a year overseas taught me. Here is my list. Enjoy
1. Milka chocolate is the best damn chocolate ever and will let my husband out of an argument at any given time. Really need work on resisiting that.
2. Germany is great for weight loss. You walk everywhere and alot of hills. I love it. I am 40 pounds from goal. thanks to those hills.
3. If you show respect and try to speak the language most will speak English to you. It is all how you present your self to them. We had heard horror stories of people having issues. We have had not.
4. I am going to be a defensive driver that is thanks to these road and autobahns. If you don’t scoot in while you can. you will be creamed. Thank you Germany for turning me into Ms. Mario Andretti. I will be ready for any race track and road. Seriously. I am going to video tape the driving situation one of these days.
5. The food. It is delish. We have not tried one food that we have not liked. That is with the exception of the ritter sport candy. That is not really food. My favorite is the Speissbraten and Rouladen.
6. The beauty of the country side. The buildings with all the little intricate details. The awe of the massive churches.
Only downside to living in this beautiful country is we miss our friends and family back home!Bring on the 2nd year can’t wait to see what is in store for us!