It has been awhile since I have done a music post. Music is huge in our family and household. There are days where I just crank up my iTunes and get my work done. Then there are times when I just need to sit and be with my music as it fills my soul. For my family there are songs that make us feel closer to Paul. There are songs that can bring us back to a moment in time. Then there are the songs that can bring tears in an instant. Time to shuffle through the ipod and see what songs I can find to share.
1. Bridget Kelly Special Delivery. The first time I heard this song was when she sang it for the Wiesbaden USO Tour. She has an amazing voice. I know a few people who can connect with these lyrics. The song is beautiful.
2. Chris Medina One More Time and Don’t say goodbye.Most of you will know him from American Idol. He is truly amazing. I was able to Skype with him last week. It was so awesome to talk with him and see where he came up with these lyrics and songs. That have come apart of our life. Each time Paul leaves we have songs that help us connect with each other. We take those moments and hold on to them closely.
3. Blake Sheltons version of home. I love this song. It just fits the military life style.
4. Luke Bryan Drink a Beer. Love this song
5. Maroon 5 Daylight with Paul getting ready to leave this song like Chris’s songs hold a special place for us.
6. Christina Aguilera and Great Big World Say Something. Just a song that speaks to my soul.