So you are thinking of opening an FCC. Which is Military form of home daycare. You have to be ready for STRICT standards. They do not mess around. For me I honestly don’t mind. I have gone in knowing exactly what is expected of me. I am going to give you some tips to help you before they even come for inspection. This will help if you are just starting a home daycare as well.
1. Organize everything you will need. I will post photos of What I have done as we talk about each section. I started with label maker and some White file boxes from Ikea. These organize my lesson plans, kids art boxes and other storage.
2. Keep 1 copy of original documents i.e. contracts, babies day and any other piece of paper you would have to fill out in a day by day basis. That way you always have it on hand. I keep one on my hard drive and one in a binder. Binders are great! I put everything I need in one giant binder. I have another for military regulations that I have to follow. (You can get page protectors cheap at the dollar store. if you are in Germany than Zimmerman’s)
3. In FCC you can have 6 children. Make sure you have 12 1″ binders. This will be all about the children. All the legal forms you need in one. The other will be the child’s portfolio. This is where you will put in your weekly observations.You can keep them all in one place and accessible. Mine are in cupboard by my computer. So when I do my paperwork I can just immediately put it in the binder. Makes life easier that way.
4. Before your inspection make sure you have all your signs hung. Your parent board complete.Also have your emergency bags prepped, thermometer’s in the fridge and freezer. The bathroom and kitchens have your foot pedal garbage cans in there spots. This way the inspector can clearly see everything. Also I know for the military you cannot use cloth towels so have your bins in kitchen and bathroom with the paper towels.
5. Day of inspection have your checklist, regulations book and child folders out. This will save you the time of having to go find it.This of course does not work if it is a surprise inspection.
6. Remember for all the regs there are the most important is love your job and have fun. I am in my second week and am loving it.
7. Just how we have our set up. Quite Corner, buliding materials and blocks, dramatic play, art, cubbies, cars, babies toys, puzzles, theater, science/math